Saturday, March 26, 2011

Midnight Verse

Okay... Technically I found this verse around 4 in the morning... but I'm still going to call it a midnight verse.


The the Lord will bless you with rain at planting time. There will be wonderful harvests and plenty of pastureland for your livestock . The oxen and donkeys that till the ground will eat good grain, its chaff blown away by the wind. In that day, when your enemies are slaughtered and the towers fall, there will be streams of water flowing down every mountain and hill. The moon will be as bright as the sun, and the sun will be seven times brighter - like the light of seven days in one! So it will be when the Lord begins to heal His people and cure the wounds He gave them.
Isaiah 30:23-26


Such beautiful imagery. To think... all of the pain and suffering we go to leads to this, this healing, and this peace. And things we will never be able to understand. Can't feel the streams of water? and see the cattle roam??? I can. So wonderful is He, that can give such things. I find it so amazing that, even though we don't realize it, that we are so much more, after we've been torn apart and pieced back together. Sometimes we need to crash and burn... and sometimes the ashes are just what we need. Have I told you that I'm a phoenix? God has brought me through fire, and I emerged soaring in Him. And I gotta tell ya, these wings sure feel great. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment