Friday, November 11, 2011

Busy Busy Artist (and Nerd)

... Well, it's been a while. As a matter of fact its been a little over two months. But school has been an extremely hectic environment. I've found myself caught up in building a (hopefully) successful portfolio, and being bogged down by the classes I'm taking this year. Which are:

  1. World Civilizations (A dual-enrollment college class)
  2. Chemistry ('cuz I was stupid and didn't take it last year)
  3. AP U.S. History (BRAIN KILLER)
  4. Pre-Calculus (I despise mathematics...)
  5. AP English Literature (fun but difficult)
  6. Digital Media (also fun... but kinda boring)
Thus far I have liked all of my teachers - save one, who I don't really dislike: she's a sweet heart really, I just want her to return to retirement - and my classes haven't been terribly overwhelming, but I use so much energy in them that my brain hurts, like physically hurts, by the end of the day. I have two study halls, which I ussually fill by escaping to the art room, where I have lived for the majority of the year this year, and working on my portfolio. I have finished and scanned in a TON of artwork. Which I have posted on my DeviantArt account and on my personal website. If it's not on one, its on another. Hopefully I'll have everything on the same page again, but I'm not quite sure when that will be...

Anyways, over the past two months I've finished one painting, and created another... Aaaand I've created quite a few gesture drawings which I'll see if I can upload soon. I've worked pretty hard on my portfolio, and I'm being very particular on what I plan to put in it. I need to finish up some digital work I've been working on, draw a realistic face in graphite, which will probably be a rendering of P!nk, 'cause I love her, make a water color of my cat, which will be extremely cute if it works out the way I want it to. I've also got a sculpture finished, which is currently drying out, and waiting to be put in the kiln. I'm so excited!!! The sculpture will probably end up being my mommy's Christmas present as well. After the VCU deadline, I'm going to finish up a commission for a friend, and art trade with a fellow artist, and hopefully get my self-portrait done. But some of it might have to wait till second semester... I've got a term paper to do, and semester tests to study for! UGH!!!!

After school started I had to abandon my hermit-hood, and regain some social standing. I've slept over at a friends for the first time since, probably junior high... and I attended the "Fall Formal" dance... a replacement for homecoming. I wore, get this, a long flowy white dress, with red nails, red shoes, and a little red clutch. I had my hair done up beautifully, had on silver hoop earrings, a pretty ring, and a necklace sporting the letter "B." Not to mention the ever glamorous red lipstick. I f like a princess, and danced like a ridiculous person. Hopefully I shall have pictures of said nonsense early next week for you crazy creepers. 

Yep. And with that I shall send a question out into the void and say good night.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then how many words are worth a painting?





Good night all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment